In the News

Dart game goes awry: Boy swallows sharp hijab pin

Dr K.S. Shamsheer, consultant gastroenterologist at the hospital, said Mehroz was referred to him by Dr Aftab Ahmed, the hospital’s pediatric surgeon. “The boy came to us after two weeks of the foreign body being lodged inside. He was lucky as the needle had only pierced the lining of the stomach and hadn’t cut into the walls. Such objects can result in perforation and cause peritonitis, an infection of the abdomen which in turn could lead to septicemia, necessitating open surgery.”

Read More